Friday 13 February 2015

Usual Day to Love

Headphones on, bag on my back, I am ready for my college. I say bye to mom and leave. It is a usual day like every other day. But... there is always a "but".

I am at the bus stand, listening to 'The Galway Girl', when I see her. ('Cause her hair was black and her eyes were blue); she really has blue eyes. I am shouting happily, obviously in my head, that she is the one, she is the only one. Before I can admire her more, she takes an auto-rickshaw and leaves. And the first thing I do is to look at my watch to check the time she comes to the stand, hoping that I'll see her tomorrow at the same time. And from this moment on, the usual day becomes a happy usual day.

So, I am waiting for the bus. Reached my college... Am I still dreaming? Yes I am day dreaming about her. Smiling and fighting in my head, "why didn't I say something to her". "She could have also said something". I don't know what I am doing. I have so many questions but no answers. I know that I will not see her again. But... there is always a "but".

Damn! She is in my college, not in my class or branch though, but in my college. She is in management and I am in IT. Then the next best thing happens, she smiles at me. She remembers me. It's not every day your dream comes true so instantly. Believe me, her name is Sapna. The usual day suddenly becomes a beautiful usual day.

The new day has started with the usual things I have imagined. I normally don't talk to her at the bus stand, but thanks to some of my friends, we are finally talking. "Yes, I noticed you on the bus stand. We can, maybe, go together from tomorrow." she said... The only thing I needed to hear. We have now exchanged cell numbers and I never miss my college now. Days have passed. Weeks have passed too. From good friends we have become best buddies. Talking all night, gossiping, talking about things that don't matter. I don't care, I love her. The usual day has become a wonderful usual day now.

"Sapna I don't want to wait for the Valentine's day. For me each day with you is a day of love. I love you.", I say to her today on the new year's eve. She hugs me tightly, as if she never wants to let me go. I hug her back. "I love you more.", she whispers in my ear. Dream has now become a reality for me. But... there is always a "but".

We have graduated. We have met for a couple of days. Her dad has got her into Howard university, Washington. She has left and I am still here in some college doing my post grad. My family cannot afford studies abroad. Yes we talk or rather, exchange some words. Time difference sucks. Usual is not the usual anymore.

We fight, we shout whenever we talk. We cry, I know she does. But one more thing, I know that she loves me more. Trust is all we have now and also some hopes of meeting soon.

Yesterday I got a call from her at night, "I have told my family about you. They don't mind as long as you are a good person and a successful man", she has said on the call. There are lots of "buts", but I choose to neglect them now. I will do what needs to be done now. Suddenly, the "not-so-usual" day has become a happy, beautiful,  and wonderful usual day. Like me, she doesn't lack the courage to do what is necessary.

She really does love me more.



Written by - Aman Chaubey
Edited by - Hemant Sachan

9 comments: